Scheduled to take place every February in the Zapata Swamp, the Photographic Contest “Foto al Vuelo” turns the lens to the birds of this Cuban Biosphere Reserve located south of Matanzas.
The attraction of this event is the visit to trails where endemic birds can be observed in their natural habitat.
RULES FOR PARTICIPANTS
The photographs to compete will be subject to the conditions of participation, use and contents set forth below:
– Those who officially register and pay their participation fee in the photographic workshop competition, regardless of nationality and country of origin, may participate.
– The photographs to compete must be taken during the days of the Foto al vuelo 2023 contest. Photographs of animals in captivity or zoos, or taken outside the Zapata Swamp, will not be accepted.
– Each contestant will select up to 5 photographs according to the different categories, regardless of the number of photographs taken. The selection will be deposited in the
folders of the PCs enabled for the contest in JPG format and with a resolution quality of 300 dpi.
– The digital photographs must be taken with a resolution higher than 4 megapixels.
– The competition will be divided into 3 general categories:
1. Best photograph that alludes to the name of the contest (Photo of a bird in the AIR).
2. Best photograph of an endemic bird.
3. Best photograph of a bird in its habitat.
– Photomontages and manipulated images are excluded from this contest. Only minimal corrections of color, definition, contrast, etc. will be accepted.
– The awarded photos and the ones that receive a mention, will be exhibited with their respective credits on the websites of the event (www.cubanacan.cu), Tropikvedeta, ECOTUR S.A. Travel Agency (www.ecoturcuba.tur.cu) and Sagua Services & Travel (www.saguaservices.com)
– By participating in the photo contest, TTOO Tropikvedeta, ECOTUR S.A. Travel Agency, Grupo Cubanacán and TTOO Sagua Services & Travel are automatically granted the right to use the photographs for promotional purposes of the destination Cuba.
– The copyrights of the photographers participating in the contest are respected, and they may use the images.
JURY AND SELECTION OF WINNERS
– The jury will be made up of renowned national and international photographers, who will evaluate both the content and the artistic and technical quality of the images submitted (their names will be announced at a later date).
– The jury’s decision will be final and unappealable.
– A Grand Prize will be awarded and 1 winner will be selected for each category. Second and third places will be awarded, as well as mentions to the photographs the jury deems appropriate.
– For the Grand Prize, the Cubanacan Hotels Group will award 3 nights with 4 days in an All
Inclusive Hotel with a companion.
PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST IMPLIES FULL ACCEPTANCE OF THESE RULES.